Sr Scientist- Development
The Senior Scientist will join the Enviral Tech team to help us develop, revise, implement and continuously hone methods and techniques to perform robust quantitative RT-PCR and similar molecular biology- based assays. This is a collaborative role with the responsibility to lead activities and projects that ensure scalability, reproducibility, and repeatability, while supporting on-going testing in real time. In addition, this role may support efforts towards identifying and developing adjacent assays or techniques, such as sequencing that would contribute to the technical and financial value of the product line. The incumbent will have accountability for experimental planning and execution within the development parameters, giving the individual an exceptional opportunity to influence the long-term technical direction of the company.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform hands-on, high-quality lab work with real impact for the world.
- Optimize procedures and techniques currently employed for RT-qPCR
- Propose adjacent technology assays and applications to meet the rapidly evolving set of customer needs
- Apply innovative thinking to evaluate opportunities for improved technical or process performance
- Evaluate literature and databases and incorporate information into project proposals and execution.
- Work independently to plan, develop and execute experimental procedures with appropriate controls, organizing workflows to make effective use of time.
- Adapt and improve existing molecular protocols, exhibiting attention to detail, to obtain high-throughput, reliable and reproducible results. Ensure techniques developed are transferred to usable SOPs.
- Develop milestones and timelines for each stage of the product development process, and effectively communicate progress with stakeholders and relevant users.
- Lead and or manage a technical team in the development and implementation of assays
- Record results accurately and clearly, reviewing documentation by others and maintaining an organized system where data is gathered.
- Analyze and interprets results, communicating results effectively with team members. Incorporate feedback into future experimental plans.
- May develop advanced data analysis, trend analysis, and bioinformatics over time.
- All other assignments as directed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Requires a Ph.D. in biology, genetics, molecular biology or similar life sciences field and 2-4 years of related lab experience in industry or a bachelor’s degree in similar fields with 5-8 years relevant experience.
- Must have experience in a research laboratory setting with experience in leading or mentoring small teams or individuals.
- Experience with RT-PCR, qPCR, NGS, Western blot, ELISA, and genome engineering desired.
- Must have at least a working familiarity with Viruses as related to the above assays
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to design complex studies based on defined deliverables.
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex scientific data.
- Availability for non-standard work hours including weekends or evenings are required.
- Prior product/process development experience in an industrial setting is highly desired.
- Ability and desire to work in a high-growth, dynamic environment with goals that evolve with the ever-improving knowledge of our customers, their needs and the technologies we employ
- Must be willing and able to wear standard BSL2+ PPE for extended periods
- Must be comfortable working with inactivated virus samples in a BSL2+ lab
- This position will split time between a general office environment and work conducted in a laboratory environment.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Enviral Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Enviral Tech recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.