Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in bioinformatics and computational biology, with a focus in the cutting-edge research area of systems genetics and translational genomics. We are seeking an innovative, motivated candidate, who can work independently but also collaborate closely with clinical, basic and computational researchers. We offer a stimulating and collaborative environment for a candidate with a strong interest in genetics of complex human diseases. Recent NIH-funded projects include discovery of resilience mechanisms to Alzheimer's disease and genomic regulation of pathways implicated in human aging and cancer.
Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator, the selected candidate will be expected to:
* Develop novel computational methods for analyzing high-throughput genetic and genomic data,
* Process and integrate experimental results using custom bioinformatics tools,
* Publish scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and present findings at seminars and conferences,
* Work cooperatively with other lab members and outside collaborators.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, highly motivated, and with the following qualifications:
* Ph.D. in computatinal biology, statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, or a related scientific/technical discipline,
* Skills in manipulating and analyzing large datasets and proficiency in programming (e.g., Java/Perl/R),
* Research experience (with first-author publications) in bioinformatics, genomics, and/or genetics.
- Salary and benefits
This position is remunerated according to NIH guidelines and provided with a generous package of institutional benefits.
- How to apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and the curriculum vitae (preferably in a single PDF file). All application materials should be sent by email to the lab P.I. at email@example.com
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Apply for Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly