Dr. Keith Vossel, a Professor of Neurology and Director of the Mary S. Easton Center for Alzheimer’s Disease Research at UCLA, is seeking highly motivated applicants interested in a Senior Scientist position to investigate disease mechanisms in mouse models of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases. This position requires proficiency in cell and molecular, neural network, and behavior relationships in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease, and offers opportunities to interface with a translational group bridging bench discoveries with human clinical trials. Dr. Vossel's laboratory studies mechanisms and novel treatments for seizures and related memory loss in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease. In tandem, Dr. Vossel's clinical studies investigate network hyperexcitability in Alzheimer's disease, and include clinical trials of anti-seizure drugs to treat Alzheimer's disease-associated network hyperexcitability (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02002819).
- Advanced degree with concentration in neuroscience or related field
- Excellent organization skills, along with strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong record of presenting research results through publications and scientific meetings
- Experience in conducting neurophysiology experiments in mice and/or humans
- Experience in mouse behavioral assays
- Proficiency in molecular biology, protein-interaction assays, immunochemistry, and primary neuronal culture
- Experience in MATLAB
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply for Senior Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly