Associate Editor, Blood Cancer Discovery
Associate Editor, Blood Cancer Discovery
Job Title: Associate Editor, Blood Cancer Discovery
Job Category: Management/Exempt
Reports To: Deputy Editor, Blood Cancer Discovery
Location: Philadelphia, Boston or Washington, DC
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), with more than 42,000 members residing in 120 countries, is the first and largest organization in the world dedicated to advances in all areas of high-quality, innovative cancer research. Its mission is to prevent and cure all cancers. The programs and activities of the AACR foster the exchange of new knowledge among scientists and physicians in the cancer field as well as in related biomedical sciences. AACR publishes eight peer-reviewed scientific journals and an award-winning magazine for cancer patients and their loved ones; convenes topical scientific conferences and an annual meeting that draws more than 22,600 participants; offers educational workshops that train young investigators in a variety of scientific and clinical areas; funds fellowships, career development awards, and research grants for both senior and junior investigators; raises public awareness of the progress in and reasons for hope in the biology, detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer; engages actively in advocacy for increased federal research funding and other national policies that accelerate progress against cancer; and interacts with regulatory agencies to support regulatory science and policy.
Blood Cancer Discovery is the latest AACR journal providing a premier platform of research communication on leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and associated diseases. The journal’s world-renowned academic Editors-In-Chief and editorial board members work with AACR’s in-house team of editors, publishing and marketing professionals. Blood Cancer Discovery is grounded in the same principles that led to success of Cancer Discovery, the AACR flagship journal with impact factor of 29,5: rigorous selection of research of highest quality and significance, fast and fair editorial process, and active promotion of published content. The journal aims to become a “must-read” in the field of hematologic malignancies.
The Associate Editor, Blood Cancer Discovery, will handle manuscript submissions throughout the review process. This person will also commission reviews and other content, write and edit for the journal and promote the journal through outreach and networking efforts. As a key member of the publications group, the Associate Editor, Blood Cancer Discovery will have a highly visible role both within the Association and in the larger cancer research community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the peer-review process and ensures high-quality and timely handling of submissions.
- Communicates with authors, editors, reviewers, and readers regarding all aspects of the journal.
- Assists the Deputy Editor with development, composition, and editing of content.
- Stays abreast of the field and develop excellent relationships with the research community.
- Collaborates with the Editors-in-Chief and in-house editorial team to identify and attract exceptional original research, reviews, and special feature content in the broad field of oncology.
- Represent the Journal and the AACR at scientific meetings and institutional visits.
Education and Experience:
- PhD with postdoctoral experience in the biomedical or clinical sciences.
- Title and salary are commensurate with experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Expertise in hematology, hematooncology or cancer science.
- Publication record in cancer research.
- Experience in evaluating manuscripts during the peer-review process or as an editorial board member for cancer or cancer-related biomedical journals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, consistently demonstrating initiative and commitment.
- Must be able to travel to relevant scientific meetings and research institutions.
How To Apply:
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested, along with your current curriculum vitae to https://careers-aacr.icims.com/jobs/1190/associate-editor%2c-blood-cancer-discovery/job .
Equal Opportunity Employer