Interdisciplinary Scientist (Research Botanist; Res Plant Physiologist; Res Plant Geneticist)
This position is located with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Children's Nutrition Research Center at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
- Plans and conducts a broad multidisciplinary program focused on the physiological mechanisms and molecular regulation of phytonutrient and phytochemical metabolism in plants.
- Works to establish the relationship of these processes to the potential for enhancing the nutritional quality of plant foods and optimizing agricultural production system
- Applies knowledge in the development of methods to produce intrinsically labeled, nonradioactive tracer enriched foods, which are used in human/animal studies to define dietary needs.
- Collaborates with human nutritionists to study the absorption of nutrients and health-promoting phytochemicals from plant foods.
- Provides leadership and expertise in plant nutrition, to identify and develop nutritionally enhanced cultivars of important food crops.
To review and apply, see the official announcement at: https://go.usa.gov/xGZkU