Post Doc Associate
- PhD or MD/PhD in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cancer biology, or related science/engineering field.
- Significant experience in molecular biology, genomics, cellular biology, and biochemistry techniques.
- Strong record of presenting research results through publications and conference abstracts.
- Highly self-motivated researcher.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Experience working with clinical specimens.
- Experience in single cell sequencing.
- Experience working with FACS, immunohistochemistry.
- Basic experience with programming, statistical analysis, or bioinformatics analysis.
About the Job
- Hypothesis generation, research design and implementation
- Collect and analyze data
- Write manuscripts for publications
- Supervise as needed graduate/post-doc/undergraduate trainees on related projects
- Work collaboratively with others
The Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Minnesota invites applications for a Post-doctoral associate position in the Center for Cranial Base Surgery and Brain Tumor Program. The laboratory of Dr. Andrew Venteicher, MD PhD, is seeking highly self-motivated candidates with a Ph.D. or equivalent degree, excellent scientific record, and a strong interest in developing new therapies in primary brain tumors.
The ideal candidate should have research experience with clinical tumor specimens and genomics technologies, which may (but does not necessarily need) to include single cell genomics. Immunohistochemistry, tissue culture, flow cytometry, and biochemistry experience will be necessary to study tumor heterogeneity, tumoral evolution, and immune evasion. The candidate must be able to generate well-defined hypotheses and address them with appropriately designed experimental plans. The candidate must have demonstrated these skills in prior research endeavors and have experience presenting results in publications and presentations.
The Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Minnesota has a tradition of the highest achievement in clinical care, teaching, and research. The University of Minnesota is one of the highest ranked public universities in research. The successful applicant will receive training in, and be expected to participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of experiments. The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Minneapolis
- Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Minneapolis
- Cell Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Minneapolis
- Neuroscience Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Minneapolis
- Oncology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Minneapolis