Postdoctoral Fellow Position Studying Periodontal Disease and Neuroskeletal regulation
Postdoctoral Fellow Positions in Studying Periodontal Disease and Neuroskeletal regulation
A postdoctoral fellow position is available immediately at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. The labs of Vivek Thumbigere Math and Man-Kyo Chung are seeking for enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist to join the NIH funded research programs studying molecular genetics and immunoinflammatory responses in periodontal disease and the neural regulation of alveolar bone remodeling. The candidate will have access to cutting-edge cell culture, animal, and patient-based models of periodontal disease.
The successful candidate will benefit from ongoing collaborations with NIH and Johns Hopkins on a wide range of basic science and translational research, as well as vibrant community of interactive research labs at the University of Maryland. Available position will have a comprehensive career development and training opportunities in preparation for a successful independent career in academia or industry.
- DDS and/or Ph.D. in a relevant field and have training in bone biology, immunology, and/or microbiology.
- Experience in cell culture and tissue engineering, mouse work, flow cytometry, signal transduction assays, histology/immunohistochemistry, micro-CT, and skeletal physiology.
- Experience in microbial genomics, bacterial virulence, biofilms, and bone marrow transplantation.
- Candidates with experience in next-generation sequencing, bioinformatics, periodontal ligature, and/or oral microbiology will receive special consideration.
- A strong publication track record with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Internal drive to reach the next career level with a team member attitude.
- Prepared to collaborate on multidisciplinary research projects.
- conduct rigorous and original science
- independently design, perform, and interpret experiments
- publish high quality, peer-reviewed research
- participate in grant writing
- supervise research trainees and/or technicians
How to Apply: The position will remain open until filled. Interested candidates should send a cover letter including research accomplishments and career goals (1-2 pages), curriculum vitae, and the contact information of three references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Benefits: The postdoc candidate will be offered competitive salary and fringe benefits as per University of Maryland policy and NIH guidelines (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-070.html). The appointment may be renewed dependent upon satisfactory performance and continued funding.
Vivek Thumbigere Math, BDS, PhD
Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
Division of Periodontics
650 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Man-Kyo Chung, DMD, PhD
Department of Neural and Pain Sciences
University of Maryland School of Dentistry
650 W. Baltimore St. Baltimore, MD 21201
Office Phone: 410-706-4452
Lab Phone: 410-706-7041
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow Position Studying Periodontal Disease and Neuroskeletal regulation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly