Full Professor or Associate Professor in the field of physiology
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) of the University of Lausanne is inviting applications for the position of:
Full or Associate Professor in the field of physiology
Starting date: 2021
Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract length: 6 years, renewable
The Department of Biomedical Sciences (DBS) is the main center of UNIL for research activities in the broad field of metabolism, physiology, pharmacology and toxicology, which also benefit from close collaboration with the Lausanne University Hospital Center (CHUV).
Main tasks: Research
- in the field of physiology or metabolism, conduct an independent and innovative research of world quality, fundamental or translational quality towards the human, financed by appraised funds and published in international journals.
- in compliance with the legal and ethical provisions, ensure the direction of a research group, coordinate its research with that developed in other groups, in a spirit of collaboration and participate in the preparation of the next generation of academics.
- Collaborate in the scientific and academic life of the Department and the Faculty, ensure the influence at a regional, national and international level, while actively participating in international congresses.
Main tasks: Teaching
- take part in graduate and post-graduate courses (structured teaching, management of master's theses, options courses, practical work, management).
- Contribute to thesis directorates and thesis committees/juries of MD, PhD and MD-PhD, as well as doctoral programs.
- Organise and participate to internal and external seminars, etc.
- PhD in Science, MD or MD/PhD, with specialization / experience in the field of physiology or metabolism.
- Strong research background, publications in high-level international journals and ability to raise funds.
- Pedagogical knowledge of academic level with confirmed practice in basic teaching in biomedical sciences.
- Advanced managerial skills (management of various teams and projects).
- Preference will be given to a personality open to communication and cooperation, able to stimulate young colleagues.
- A good knowledge of French is required (or ability to acquire it quickly).
The successful candidate will receive an installation credit as well as an annual research and consumable endowment in a dynamic research environment.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Romano Regazzi (Romano.Regazzi@unil.ch), Director of the DBS.
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, a summary of previous teaching experience, v) a copy of diplomas, vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references. Full applications should be submitted online as a single PDF file to the University’s website by October 13th 2020 (23:59 GMT+1).
The job description is available on the University’s website.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL is committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite