Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Cardiovascular research lab in the Tulane University Heart and Vascular Institute (New Orleans) is seeking a highly motivated PhD researcher. The successful candidate will join recently awarded NIH-funded project (PI, Dr. Sergiy Sukhanov) to investigate role of genomic instability in the development of atherosclerosis. The project involves, but is not limited to studying of DNA repair, cell apoptosis, mitochondrial metabolism, and assessment of indexes of atherosclerosis. The project will use cultured cells, mouse models, and recombinant adeno-associated viruses. Having recent lab experience, basic molecular biology skills and experience in handling rodents are required. The job involves designing and conducting research projects, presenting at national/international conferences, and writing manuscripts. The PI will closely work with the successful candidate for training in all of these aspects, and the candidate will be encouraged to apply for independent postdoctoral fellowship grants. Salary will be adhering to NIH salary guideline, with comprehensive benefits package.
- PhD or equivalent degree.
- Strong/recent basic research lab experience in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, and animal physiology.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment and techniques required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Motivation to develop an independent research project, in addition to the assigned projects.
To apply, please send your CV to PI via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To speed up processing of your application, please go to https://apply.interfolio.com/67280.