Postdoctoral Scientist - Department of Pathology
Our Stehlik/Dorfleutner lab is located in the Department of Pathology at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a major nonprofit academic healthcare organization. Whether you love world-class entertainment, dining, shopping and museums or prefer the outdoors and sports, Los Angeles has something for everyone. Year-round sunshine provides the perfect backdrop for endless activities. Centrally located in the middle of everything is Cedars-Sinai. Working and living here, you are never far from something new and exciting. Our laboratory consists of modern research space with state-of-the-art equipment and provides a highly collaborative work environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude towards challenging projects, who seeks the opportunity to succeed in a productive environment with excellent facilities. This position is available for a one-year appointment with the expected possibility of extension and offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits.
A postdoctoral position is available immediately to study Nod-like Receptor (NLR), AIM2-like receptor (ALR) and type I interferon signaling in the Stehlik/Dorfleutner Laboratory of Molecular Innate Immunology (https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/stehlik-dorfleutner-lab.html) at the Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California (http://www.cedars-sinai.org/academics.html).
Research is focused on the molecular mechanisms regulating inflammasome and type I interferon-linked innate immune signaling pathways in macrophages and their function in inflammatory and auto-immune disease and during host-pathogen interaction in humans and mouse models. More information can be found at www.stehliklab.org.
- PhD, MD/PhD or MD Degree required
- Applicants need to be self-driven, highly motivated recent Graduates with a PhD, MD/PhD or MD degree and a strong background in innate immunology or biochemistry and animal models as demonstrated by first-author publications in internationally-recognized scientific journals.
- Applicants with experience in biochemical techniques and immune-relevant animal models will receive special consideration.
- The ability to work in a team, good organizational and English language skills, as well as initiative, flexibility and good learning ability are required.
- Due to current international travel restrictions, candidates need to be already eligible to work/reside in the US.
Apply for Postdoctoral Scientist - Department of Pathology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly