The Board of Trustees (Board) of the International Human Frontier Science Program Organization (HFSP) invites applications and nominations for the position of Secretary-General.
HFSP seeks to appoint a visionary scientist able to lead HFSP into the future through a rapidly changing scientific and research funding environment.
The new Secretary-General will build further HFSP’s prestigious reputation as the leading body in support of international collaboration in life sciences research.
HFSP takes a worldwide approach in the spirit of science without borders to promote and fund “basic research focused on the elucidation of the sophisticated and complex mechanisms of living organisms for the benefit of all humankind, through international cooperation”. HFSP supports research grant and fellowship funding programs that enable international collaboration in innovative, cutting edge and high-risk research at the frontiers of the life sciences.
The Secretary-General should be an internationally recognized and respected scientist who:
- supports the values of HFSP, including international collaboration,
- understands the value of basic life science research and its benefits for all humankind,
- is convinced of the distinctive value of frontier life science international collaboration,
- is able to make a compelling case to scientific and research leaders for the support and promotion of frontier research globally,
- is able to implement the Board’s strategic vision to strengthen this prestigious Program and lead it into the next period of its development,
- demonstrates integrity and cultural sensitivity,
- has had senior-level scientific administrative experience,
- is an innovative researcher, qualified in a field relevant to the scientific priorities of the Program, who understands the importance of novel approaches for the development of life science research.
HFSP is an international organization supporting cultural diversity and gender equality.
The position is fulltime and based in Strasbourg, France.
The appointment begins in July 2021. The contract will be for 3 years, renewable once. Salary will be negotiated in accord with HFSP’s salary policy. HFSP conducts all its work in English.
The successful candidate may maintain a scientific appointment at a University or research institute, subject to the approval of the Board and in line with HFSP’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Secretary-General may be a citizen of any HFSP Member, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, UK, USA and other countries of the European Union.
Applications, accompanied by a CV, or enquiries should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 30 SEPTEMBER.
Apply for Secretary-General
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly