Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational and Statistical Genomics
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Computational and Statistical Genomics Group at University of California, Riverside.
The postdoctoral fellow will work under the supervision of Dr. Wenxiu Ma and focus on developing computational and statistical methods for big data problems motivated from genomics and epigenomics. Possible research topics include modeling the 3D chromatin architecture using Hi-C data, integrating chromatin structure with ChIP-seq, RNA-seq and other functional genomics assays, and investigating the interplay between genome architecture and gene regulation. The postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of research groups at the University of California, Riverside and elsewhere. For more information, please check out http://faculty.ucr.edu/~wenxiu/openings.html
The initial appointment will be for one year, with the potential for annual extensions on mutual consent. The position includes a generous benefits package. Starting date is flexible. Visa sponsorship is available for non-US candidates.
An ideal candidate would have:
- a recently completed PhD degree in closely related area (computer science, statistics, biostatistics, applied mathematics, computational biology, or bioinformatics)
- strong training in quantitative modeling (machine learning, Bayesian inference, etc.) or computational genomics experiences (high-throughput sequencing data analysis, algorithm development, etc.)
- proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, C/C++, Java, Matlab, or R)
- a track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- good spoken and written communication skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a CV, a brief research statement, and contact information of three references to Dr. Wenxiu Ma at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please discuss why you are interested in this position.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational and Statistical Genomics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly