Visiting Research Scientist
We are seeking a visiting scientist to investigate the use of NAPIGEN's novel mitochondrial genome editing technology in human cells.
The tasks of the scientist will include but are not limited to the delivery of DNA/RNA molecules into human cells and the evaluation of gene editing by molecular assays. The work will be carried out in an independent manner; however, the ability for team work is also critical.
- Performing reliable research activities in an independent manner.
- Producing solid, reproducible scientific data.
- Managing experimental planning and execution in a timely manner.
- Maintaining laboratory and experimental materials including human cell cultures in good functional conditions.
- Discussing with team members ongoing research and lab management.
- Ph.D. degree in molecular genetics or biology, or equivalent research experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures and DNA/RNA transfection/transformation.
- Good knowledge of mitochondrial genetics.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills.