Senior Lecturer (MER1) in the field of phage therapy / bacteriophages
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Senior Lecturer (MER1)
in the field of phage therapy / bacteriophages
within the Center for Research and Innovation in Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences (CRISP)
Starting date : 2020 Place : Suisse, Lausanne
Contract length: 6 years, renewable Activity rate: 100%
The Center for Research and Innovation in Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences (CRISP), included into the Teaching and Research Department, is a new center of expertise in clinical pharmaceutical sciences, one of whose missions is to promote knowledge and the transmission of knowledge in the field of cellular and biological therapies. The “innovative therapies” pole of this center brings together several academic groups working in the field of cell therapy, phagotherapy and blood biological products.
Main missions - Research:
• In the field of phagotherapy, conduct an independent and innovative research of world-class, fundamental, or translational to humans, funded by expert funds and published in international journals.
• In compliance with legal and ethical requirements, ensure the leadership of a research group, coordinate its research with the one developed in other groups, in a spirit of collaboration and participate in the preparation of the next generation of academics.
• Collaborate in the scientific and academic life of the Department and the Faculty, ensure the influence at regional, national and international levels, while actively participating in international congresses.
Mains missions – Teaching:
• Participate in pre- and post-graduate teaching activities (structured teaching, supervision of master / thesis work, optional courses, practical work, management).
• Contribute to thesis directorates and MD, PhD and MD-PhD thesis committees / juries, as well as to doctoral programs.
• Organize and participate in internal and external seminars, etc.
• PhD in Sciences or MD/PhD in life sciences, with specialization in the field of bacteriophages and phagotherapy.
• Strong background in research, publications in high-level international journals and ability to obtain expert funding.
• Training in good laboratory and manufacturing practices and certification for conducting live animal experiments in the field of infectious diseases; Knowledge in the constitution of an Experimental Drug Record (EMR)
• Teaching knowledge at professorial level with proven teaching practice.
• Managerial skills, strategic vision (management of teams and various projects).
• Preference will be given to a personality open to communication and cooperation, capable of stimulating young colleagues.
• A good knowledge of French is required - B2 level (or ability to acquire it quickly).
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Chantal Csajka (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of the CRISP
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by August 3rd 2020 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite