Tung Wah College
Established by Tung Wah Group of Hospitals (“TWGHs”) in 2010, Tung Wah College (TWC) is a self-financing degree-granting institution registered under the Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap.320). Following the educational ideals of TWGHs and leveraging on its renowned strengths and expertise, TWC aims to provide high quality tertiary education to nurture competent, socially responsible and caring professionals for the benefits of society.
Currently, TWC has 4 schools (namely School of Arts and Humanities, School of Management, School of Medical and Health Sciences, and School of Nursing) offering a total of 17 Degree and Higher Diploma programmes in several disciplines. It has a student population of about 2,800. Since establishment, TWC has nurtured over 2,500 graduates.
Being a young and vibrant institution, TWC aspires to become a leading private university in the long term. It is planning to launch a number of new programmes, strengthen teaching and learning facilities and quality, and enhance research capability in coming years. To cope with its continuous development, we are now inviting highly qualified candidates to join our professional team.
For further details about the College, please visit its website at https://www.twc.edu.hk/.
The President will have direct leadership and responsibility for Tung Wah College. The President will be tasked to institute strategic plans to develop TWC and ensure each unit of TWC must at all times function in accordance with the goals and objectives of the College as well as the policies established by the College’s Council. For the purpose of discharging his responsibility, the President will have and exercise such power & authority as delegated to him by the College Council from time to time.
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- A track record of strong administrative and academic leadership experience in managing a tertiary institution (experience in self-financing educational institutions would be a definite advantage)
- A strong network with the education and business sectors as well as a successful record of fostering partnerships and collaboration with professional bodies, Government departments and agencies
- An established record of being an innovative and strategic leader with vision, energy and high level of integrity as well as a good understanding of the local education policies and economic environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen to ensure the College’s work achieves its maximum visibility and impact, deploy resources effectively through prioritization of needs, excellence in engaging potential donors and cultivating stakeholder relationship
- Sound judgement, excellent interpersonal and effective management skills; a service-oriented attitude and creativity in problem solving; as well as strong commitment to implement the best practices in education
- A PhD/doctoral degree and professional qualification/standing in his/her field of expertise
- Excellent communication skills and high proficiency in both English and Chinese. Proficiency including Putonghua would be an advantage
Any interested party may apply by letter setting out in detail why the applicant considers himself or herself suitable for the position, together with a full curriculum vitae, to be sent to Mr TT Ho of Korn Ferry (HK) Limited, 15/F, St George’s Building, 2 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong or by email to TWC-President@KornFerry.com. (Fax: (852) 2810 1632). The closing date for application is 16 March 2020. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation about four to six weeks from the closing date. For enquiries, please call Mr TT Ho on (852) 2971 2700.
The College reserves the right not to fill the position. The information provided will be used for consideration of an application.