Research Fellowship on Vaccines against Ebola, Zika, Influenza & Respiratory Syncytial Virus
Vaccines against Ebola, Influenza & Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV):
Understanding immune responses following vaccination and viral infection
- Post-Doc & Post-Baccalaureate Research fellowship position available immediately at Lab of Retrovirus Research, CBER, FDA at the White Oak Campus, Silver Spring, Maryland.
- The ongoing research performed involves study of Zika, Ebola, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and Pandemic Influenza viruses. We are presently addressing humoral immune responses following infection and vaccination in humans. This information is then used for development and evaluation of vaccines against these viral diseases.
- Emphasis is on understanding the role of adjuvants and different vaccine modalities in eliciting broadly cross-reactive protective antibodies. The advanced techniques developed in the lab includes whole genome gene-fragment phage display libraries (GFPDL), high throughput Surface plasmon resonance (SPR), protein production, vaccine development and animal challenge studies.
- This is a training fellowship for two years with possible extension up to 5 years.
- Highly motivated candidates should be a recent Bachelor’s or Masters or PhD (within 3 years of their last degree). Candidates with research experience in SPR, phage display, virology, recombinant protein/antibody production, Influenza, RSV or related viruses are encouraged to apply.
This position is only open for US citizens, permanent residents (Green Card holders) or foreign citizens residing in US for at least 3 years in past 5 years on a valid US visa.
Candidates will be offered a competitive salary depending on their experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send curriculum vitae, bibliography, together with list of three of reference by email to:
Surender Khurana, Ph.D.
Apply for Research Fellowship on Vaccines against Ebola, Zika, Influenza & Respiratory Syncytial Virus
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly