Director of operations
The Immunotherapy Assessment Core (IAC) at the Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (NUFSM) is a new collaborative resource for clinicians, translational and basic researchers at NUFSM. The state of the art facility provides cutting-edge technologies and expert support for clinical and translational studies, aiming to dissect mechanisms of immunopathogenesis at the single cell level, and exploring novel disease-specific biomarkers with diagnostic and therapeutic applications.
The IAC is seeking a full-time director of operations. The successful applicant should be enthusiastic, intellectually curious, skilled in organization and multi-tasking, and enjoy working with interdisciplinary teams. He or she will join a group of investigators using several already established methods within the IAC. The Core Director will spearhead the introduction and application of novel methods including Single cell RNAseq (10x Genomics Chromium platform), multispectral fluorescent tissue imaging of PPFE and frozen samples (Akoya Biosciences Vectra 3) and the Isoplexis single cell proteomics.
The Core Operations Director position will be non-tenure-track faculty at NUFSM, with an opportunity for advancement within that track.
Main responsibilities include:
• Daily oversight of immune monitoring and additional research projects with a focus on facilitating efficient workflow between investigators and core staff.
• Establish a quality program and develop and implement validated immune assessment assays.
• Supervise one or more technicians and/or advanced trainees as well as be responsible for tracking time on specific projects.
• Assisting investigators and staff with experimental design and technical troubleshooting of projects involving human tissues.
• Oversight of communication with core clients within and outside of NUFSM.
• Assist in the preparation of the laboratory budget and maintain adherence to budgetary restrictions. Review monthly budget with the faculty directors and management staff.
•Organization of training workshops for researchers within the core.
• MD and/or PhD degree in an area of life sciences with at least five years of research or core experience in molecular and cellular immunology
• Additional training in human clinical immune monitoring preferred, particularly multi-parameter flow cytometry, IHC, single-cell RNA-Seq, and multiplex immune-assays
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to established standards for research integrity
Please send a curriculum vitae, a brief cover letter, and the names and contact information of 2-3 references to: Dr. Bin Zhang M.D. Ph.D., (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Caroline Le Poole Ph.D. (email@example.com).
Northwestern University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals.
Apply for Director of operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly