Head of Antibody Discovery
The Institute for Protein Innovation (IPI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization independent of yet located within the campus of Harvard Medical School. IPI has established itself as a premier center for protein science and has implemented state-of-the-art automation for high-throughput protein expression and yeast -display antibody discovery. The long-term mission of the IPI is the discovery of a comprehensive set of antibodies to provide new therapeutic opportunities and tool compounds for basic biomedical research.
The Head of Antibody Discovery plays a pivotal role in the overall mission of the IPI. The Head of Antibody Discovery is the key driver of our primary platform for the development of high-quality antibodies as tool compounds and therapeutic leads.
The Head of Antibody Discovery will work with and support the Executive Chair of the Board, Executive Director, Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and Chief Innovation Officer (CIO) to implement the overall vision of the IPI. Head of Antibody Discovery will manage the day-to-day operations of the yeast cell surface expression platform for antibody discovery. These duties involve overseeing the high-throughput display platform, including managing the team to ensure seamless, efficient and standardized antibody selection against a wide range of antigen targets. In addition to the required management skills, the successful candidate will assume a considerable role in the development of new technologies to address challenging target antigens and to design and implement new selection libraries and strategies. The Head of Antibody Discovery will interface with the bioinformatics, protein expression and purification, and production teams. The Head of Antibody Discovery will assume a leadership role and interface with other senior leaders to meet the extant and future strategic objectives of the IPI.
Specific activities will include:
- Provide oversight to ensure effective high-throughput application of the display library to discover antibodies for antigens chosen by IPI leadership.
- Maintenance, propagation and continued quality control/quality assurance of our existing yeast display library.
- Day-to-day management and oversight of the yeast display team.
- Generation, distribution and archiving of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all elements of the yeast display platform.
- The design, implementation and evaluation of new selection libraries.
- Manuscript preparation describing the technologies of the yeast platform and the antibodies deliverables generated by the platform, as well as manuscripts arising from other IPI efforts.
- Working with Senior Leadership to establish staffing levels and budgets for the display platform, and tracking completion of quarterly and yearly platform goals.
- Assisting with federal, state and philanthropic grant applications and infrastructure.
- With the leadership team, coordinating planning processes to maximize impact in support of our mission.
The Head of Antibody Discovery will be part of and coordinate the work of the Institute’s leadership team. Since this is a small organization, this role will require a good deal of “rolling up your sleeves” as well as supervisory and strategic activities.
Reports to: Executive Chair of the Board, Executive Director, and CSO
- Exceptional experience in library display technologies, as evidenced by publication track record.
- Strong molecular biology experience.
- Evidence of strong library design and evaluation skills
- Strong experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies
- Familiarity with antigen design is highly desirable
- Quantitative skills and demonstrated experience in managing budgets and tracking success metrics.
- Familiarity with biologics and protein chemistry is desirable, but not essential.
Interested candidates should send a CV and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Head of Antibody Discovery” in the subject line.
Apply for Head of Antibody Discovery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly