Lab Manager - Islet Encapsulation Technology
O2M Technologies is looking for highly motivated individual for the position of “Lab Manager” at its newly created JDRF funded “Oxygen Measurement Core”. The lab manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining islet cell culture and animal lab facility compatible with standard lab practices. They will also be responsible for oxygen measurement of core members’ devices. Current core members are leading international diabetes researchers. Strong background and experience with islet cell isolation and morphology, islet encapsulation devices, and small animals is a must for this position.
The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of in vitro and in vivo studies requiring strong sample handling and animal surgery skills as well as in vitro and ex vivo biochemical and immunohistology techniques. In addition to performing dosing, monitoring, blood sampling, and harvesting in studies for target validation, PK/PD, and technology evaluation, the candidate will perform imaging studies and provide overall operational support across different functions.
O2M Technologies is a dynamic startup company developing preclinical oxygen imaging instrument JIVA-25 based on EPRI (electron paramagnetic resonance imaging, similar to MRI). JIVA-25 is the world’s first preclinical oxygen imaging instrument designed for advanced oxygen measurement in tissues.
Join O2M Technologies, an equal opportunity employer, that achieves success through continuous team learning and individual growth. As part of a world-class team of scientists, clinicians, and engineers, which bring together a synergy of expertise, you will be constantly pushing the boundaries and redefining the possibilities of imaging in modern medicine.
- Purchase and maintain standard wet lab equipment. Purchase and maintain consumables.
- Maintain cell culture clean environment as expected of a professional wet lab.
- Maintain cells, animals, reagent, etc as needed for the ongoing projects.
- Design, perform and interpret data from cell-based assays and molecular biology assays
- Demonstrate understanding and application of relevant scientific literature to the design of experimental protocols
- Make observations, evaluate data, interpret results and document in a well-maintained laboratory notebook
- Present results of experiments and findings in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Prepare invoices for service performed for the customers, prepare quote for the service projects.
- Learn and perform imaging experiments based on multimodality imaging technologies as needed. These include O2M’s core technology EPROI and small animal MRI, CT etc.
- The lab manager is responsible for Performing cell culture works according to established protocols, routinely check medium, reagents and plastic-wares for cell cultures works, Maintain and record cell culture work performed, maintains general order and neatness of working area, reports any problems or maintenance issues, performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist with other aspects of oxygen imaging service project as needed.
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies
- Self-motivated individual with a desire to provide professional quality report
- Ability to work independently but in coordination with other members of the team
- Highly organized with good record keeping skills
- Bachelor, master or PhD in biological sciences.
- Excellent skills in cell culture and small animal handling;
- The knowledge of islet isolation, culture, incubation, transplantation.
- The knowledge of animal imaging using MRI or CT is a plus.
- Experience in the field of islet encapsulation devices as evident from peer reviewed publications.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Be a part of a dynamic company developing state-of-the-art technology in close contact with world-leading experts in diabetes research and imaging
- Possibility of publishing in high ranking peer review journals to maintain the visibility in the field
Hours/Work Environment: Laboratory environment. Full-time position.
Background: Eligibility to work in the USA.
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Interested candidate should an email to email@example.com with a cover letter highlighting their work along with current CV and contact details of 3 references. The screening of position will begin immediately. The expected start date for this position is 1st November 2019.
O2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.