Post Doc - Prostate Tumor Microenvironment
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that serves the greater North Shore and Illinois communities. NorthShore is committed to earning the loyalty of those who come to us for care and those who play a role in providing that care. Service Values which include: Exceptional Customer Service, Supportive Workplace Interactions and Professional Work Ethic, define the behaviors that each employee demonstrates with co-workers, patients and families, physicians, and visitors.
To learn about the many benefits of working at NorthShore, which include a supportive work environment that promotes professional and career development, recognition of our staff for providing excellent service and a competitive benefits package, please visit www.northshore.org/careers.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
We are currently seeking a Post Doc position for our Prostate tumor microenvironment/Franco department located at 1001 University Place in Evanston, IL. This is a full time, benefits eligible position.
In this role, you will:
- Pursue functional genomic studies using CRISPR technology in the area of tumor microenvironment in both benign and malignant prostate disease
- Study the complexity of interactions of stromal, epithelial and inflammatory populations in vitro and in vivo using the tissue recombination model
- Analysis of data obtained through next-generation sequencing technologies. Single cell RNA sequencing and analysis of resultant datasets
- Isolation, culture and characterization of human-derived fibroblasts from benign and malignant tissues.
- Perform translational studies to evaluate the clinical utility of target molecules by immunohistochemical or gene expression analysis of patient samples
- Work in a team environment with basic biologists and clinicians
- Planning and execution of experiments
- Data analysis, presentation and preparation of publications
- PhD or MD, including those conferred outside of the U.S. in a related field of study to the position
- Strong background in molecular, cell biology or biochemistry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Research experience with animal work (surgical skills) would be an advantage
- Experience with computational and statistical methods
- Strong organizational skills