Senior Principal Scientist, Computational Genomics
Location: Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 6263191001
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Principal Scientist, Computational Genomics, in our Population Analytics group, to be located at our Spring House, Pennsylvania campus in the United States.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies
Janssen Pharma R&D seeks an innovative scientist with expertise in creatively applying quantitative analysis to large-scale population-based studies as well as real-world data to advance our pharmaceutical and/or biomedical research, drug discovery and development agenda. We seek an individual with strong training and experience in applied quantitative methods and a track record of scholarship. Candidates should possess outstanding communication skills as well as broad biological interests that will enable them to facilitate interactions between laboratory-based scientists in our Therapeutic Areas.
He/she will be part of the Computational Sciences group in the Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen Parma R&D. He/she will be a member of the Population Analytics team within Computational Sciences which aims to bring together researchers within and outside of Janssen with expertise in human disease genetics, genetic epidemiology, computer/computational science, high performance computing, population/statistical genetics, genomics etc.
The mission of the Population Analytics team is to support longitudinal, population-based studies to increase understanding and facilitate the search for therapies that prevent, intercept or cure disease. They will be responsible for integration, analysis and interpretation of data from diverse cohorts and across geographical/time scales. They will decipher causal factors such as genes, the environment and an individual's lifestyle that will facilitate the discovery of novel targets, biomarkers and pathways implicated in disease. We expect these researchers to address with the goal of using biomedical data to build a best-in-class target identification and validation engine (TIDVALE) to feed our pipeline.
Role & responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and supervise a team of experts in computational/computer science, computational genetics/genomics, computational biology, multi-omics data analysis, and/or high-performance computing. This team will provide expertise to partners within and outside of Janssen to help analyze data from longitudinal, population and/or targeted cohort-based studies that consider individual variability in genes, environment and lifestyle and leverage the knowledge gained to increase understanding of disease. The goal will be to deploy cutting-edge computational tools to help researchers translate high-dimensional -omics and phenotype data into actionable knowledge to build our TIDVALE.
- Act as the scientific lead for deploying and optimizing computational tools such as those based on AI/ML algorithms for large-scale analyses incorporated within computational pipelines on a wide range of computing platforms. The aim is to deploy the tools necessary to translate findings from analysis of population-based cohorts such as the UK Biobank, as well as targeted studies and other orthogonal datasets, to help our researchers identify and/or validate potential therapeutic targets, pathways and biomarkers implicated in disease.
- Supervise, guide and mentor junior scientists and postdoctoral fellows, and in general act as an expert scientific leader to support and nurture collaborations with internal and external partners to build our TIDVALE.
- Perform and publish high-quality research relevant to the mission of the organization; effectively communicate data and results to our stakeholders within and outside of J&J and work effectively with colleagues across J&J sectors.
- A M.D. and/or Ph.D. in computer/computational sciences, biomedical sciences, engineering, data science, bioinformatics or mathematics/statistics with extensive expertise in large-scale computing is required.
- A minimum of 10 or more years post-graduate experience in applying data analytics in the physical, computing or biomedical sciences with expertise in high performance computing is preferred.
- Strong management and/or leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead a group of scientists to deliver on objectives with defined timelines is required.
- Experience with drug discovery and development practices and project support in a large pharmaceutical setting is preferred.
- • Independent, self-motivated, innovative, and able to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment are required.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills, with a successful track record of publication and collaboration with cross-functional scientific teams is required.
- The role will require up to 30% domestic/international travel. The role will be based in our Spring House Pennsylvania campus in the United States.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400McKeanRoad
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/q3pqcmjrpqt22bm3