Open Recruitment of Dean Positions of Minzu University of China in 2019
Announcement on Open Recruitment of Dean Positions of Minzu University of China in 2019
Minzu University of China is a higher education institution with distinct features specially established by the CPC and central government to solve China's ethnic problems and cultivate minority cadres and senior professionals. Originally established as Yan'an Institute of Nationalities in 1941, the Central Institute of Nationalities was officially established in 1951, and the Institute was renamed as Minzu University of China (MUC) in November 1993. MUC became a member of the "211 Project" and "985 Project" universities in 1999 and 2004 respectively; and was selected as A-level university for the construction of “Double First-Class” Initiative in 2017.
MUC has a comprehensive set of disciplines, covering engineering, science, medicine, management, economics, philosophy, law, literature, education, history, art and other disciplines. At present, MUC has 1 department, 23 schools, which offer 65 undergraduate programs of 10 disciplines; 5 doctoral degree authorization points for first-level disciplines, 5 post-doctoral research stations; 27 master degree authorization points for first-level disciplines, 3 national key disciplines, 5 first-level key disciplines at the provincial and ministerial level, 17 second-level key disciplines at the provincial and ministerial level; nearly 40 provincial and ministerial scientific research platforms, 1 National Experimental Teaching Demonstration Center and 5 Beijing Experimental Teaching Demonstration Centers. At present, MUC has a group of high-level talents represented by scholars of Changjiang Scholars Program, National Famous Teachers, and leading talents of Ten Thousand Talent Program. Now, we are recruiting two deans at home and abroad to promote the construction of the university. Welcome to join us!
I. Recruitment Positions
1. Dean of the College of Liberal Arts
2. Dean of the College of International Education
The candidates for above-mentioned positions are expected to:
(1) Support the leadership of the Communist Party of China, adhere to the socialist road with Chinese characteristics, be loyal to the Party's educational undertakings, have ardent love for China, safeguard national unity, abide by law and discipline, have good morality and teamwork spirit.
(2) Have a decent style of study, rigorous academic studies, and solid professional foundation, know well the research trends of the discipline at home and abroad, and have forward-looking and strategic thinking for the development of the discipline, as well as good capability to solve major academic problems; and have made outstanding academic achievements in the field of the discipline.
(3) Be familiar with the laws of higher education, have advanced educational and teaching ideas, rich management experience, global vision and spirit of reform and innovation; be able to make scientific plans according to rules and regulations, have strong organizational leadership, good communication and coordination capabilities, and be good at handling external relations. Candidates who served as administrative leaders in related disciplines and schools of first-class universities in China are preferred.
(4) Their academic achievements should meet the requirements for outstanding talents or talents at higher level specified in the Measures of Minzu University of China on Management of High-level Talents (Revised), and they should be able to teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses stipulated in the school's talent training program with high quality.
(5) Obtained Qualified or higher results in the annual assessments of past 3 years.
(6) Be able to work full time at Minzu University of China.
1. Serve as the administrative head of the school, and preside over the teaching, scientific research and administrative management of corresponding school in an all-round way accordance with.
2. Promote the discipline construction and teaching reform of corresponding school, develop strategic plans to promote the development of the school, explore innovative talent training mode, and vigorously improve the level and influence of the school and discipline.
3. Promote faculty team building, vigorously introduce and cultivate high-level talents, strengthen the construction of scientific research team, and create high-level discipline team with distinctive features, as well as high-level teaching and research teams.
4. Actively cooperate with well-known universities and scientific research institutions at home and abroad to improve the school-running level and international academic exchange;
5. Strengthen the integration of industry, education and research, promote cooperation with industries related to corresponding disciplines, and make contributions to the national and local economic and social construction.
IV. Term of Employment and Salaries
1. The initial employment period is 3 years, including 1 year of trial employment;
2. Based on the talent level and academic level of candidates, their salaries will be determined according to the Measures of Minzu University of China on Management of High-level Talents (Revised):
(1) Candidates who meet the criteria for leading talents can negotiate their salary, resettlement subsidy and research start-up fund.
(2) In addition to the basic salary and performance-related pay for the positions specified by salary-related documents, candidates who meet the criteria for outstanding talents can enjoy reward and performance salary of RMB 350,000-500,000 according to their specific situation, and be granted with research start-up fund of RMB 600,000 according to relevant regulations. Qualified candidates who live outside Beijing can enjoy resettlement subsidy of RMB 750,000.
(3) In addition to the basic salary and performance-related pay for the positions specified by salary-related documents, candidates who meet the criteria for excellent talents can enjoy reward and performance salary of RMB 200,000-300,000 according to their specific situation, and be granted with research start-up fund of RMB 200,000 according to relevant regulations. Qualified candidates who live outside Beijing can enjoy resettlement subsidy of RMB 550,000.
V. Application Requirements
1. Application Period: Application will be accepted from the date of publishing this accouchement to November 30, 2019;
2. Recruitment Procedures
(1) Applicants submit an application.
Applicants should fill out the Application Form for Open Recruitment of Dean Positions of Minzu University of China (see Annex) and provide the following materials:
(a) Personal resume;
(b) Scanned copies of identity card (or passport), diploma and degree certificates, professional and technical post certificates, award certificates, employment documents, etc. (The original copy shall be provided during the interview);
(c) Scanned copies (or electronic copies) of the applicant’s representative academic achievements (such as papers, monographs, projects, awards, patents) in the past 10 years;
(d) The applicant’s administrative positions, major academic part-time jobs and management work in recent years;
(e) Working thoughts and objectives for their term of office.
(2) Qualification examination.
The qualifications of the applicants shall be examined to select qualified candidates;
(3) Selection and investigation.
The best candidates will be selected, investigated and appointed according to the relevant regulations.
(4) Confirming and publicizing the results.
The Party Committee of Minzu University of China will confirm the candidates to be appointed through collective investigation according to the investigation results and the principle of suitability, and publicize the results in a certain range.
(5) Handling employment procedures.
If there are no problems or bad feedbacks about the appointment after publicity, the employment procedures shall be handled in accordance with relevant regulations of the university.
3. Contact Information
Tel: +86-10-68932319 Ms. Hao
68932332 Mr. Liu
Fax:+ 86-10- 68933971
Minzu University of China
September 26, 2019