Group leader for plasma accelerator theory and simulations
For our location in Hamburg we are seeking:
for plasma accelerator theory and simulations
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
Accelerator research at DESY is being sustainably expanded within the framework of the Helmholtz ARD programm, which focuses on the establishment and coordination of research for future accelerators throughout Germany. DESY concentrates on conventional and plasma-based electron accelerators with applications in health, photon science, and particle physics. In this context, a new group for plasma accelerator theory and simulations will be established. A scientist is sought to lead this group and thus lead the theoretical plasma accelerator research efforts at DESY.
- Establishment of a new research group for theoretical and numerical plasma accelerator science
- Solution of complex problems in the field of plasma wakefield accelerators leading to significant progress in this field of research
- Technical oversight of a group of scientists as well as consulting and interdisciplinary cooperation with other accelerator, plasma, laser and data science researches
- Planing of personnel and financial budgets
- Conduction of an internationally leading scientific work programm
- Master in physics or engineering with Ph.D. or equivalent qualification
- Several years of experience in the field of theoretical and numerical plasma, laser and accelerators physics as well as proof of excellent research results in this field
- Experience in development of software for massively parallelized high-performance computers
- High potential to lead a research group
For further information please contact Jens Osterhoff
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: Online-Application.
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: MMA051/2019
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg | Germany
Phone: +49 (0)40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 2019/10/27