AbSci is a venture-backed biotechnology company located in a new, state-of-the art laboratory in downtown Vancouver, WA, just across the river from Portland, OR. AbSci is a global leader in recombinant protein expression, with a synthetic biology technology platform enabling dramatic reductions in manufacturing costs in the biopharmaceutical industry. AbSci’s technology supports production of both classical and novel biologics, acceleration of drug discovery timelines, and increased efficiency and flexibility throughout the manufacturing process.
The bioinformatics developer will work closely with research scientists to deliver bioinformatic solutions in support of critical business needs, and reports to the Director of Scientific Computing and Bioinformatics. The candidate will be developing professional quality software to support high-throughput screening efforts that integrate with a LIMS, designing bioinformatic tools and algorithms to identify metagenomic biomanufacturing solutions, mining curated data sets to inform strain engineering strategies, and building NGS data analysis pipelines. The successful candidate will have professional software experience in a biotech/life science industry.
- Work collaboratively with bench scientists to translate their needs into bioinformatic tools and solutions.
- Develop and implement bioinformatics analyses, applications, and workflows to expand AbSci’s bioinformatics and analysis platform
- Provide data analysis and visualizations to support scientific research.
- Develop machine learning techniques to mine complex cellular network data.
- 5+ years’ experience developing bioinformatic solutions and familiarity with NGS sequence analysis, assembly algorithms, and phylogenetic tools.
- Masters or PhD degree in Genetics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience with genome sequence assembly, use of structural and functional annotation of genomes, and metagenomics.
- Experience with Django 2.0, Angular2+, REST, Docker, Postgres, Galaxy, AWS, Linux/Unix systems and bash scripting.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for building a creative company culture that is collaborative, multidisciplinary, and determined to make a transformative impact to our industry.
AbSci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with a generous company match. To apply for this job please use the link provided below.