Research Space Analyst
At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced through major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join us and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Research Space Analyst is responsible for :
- Maintaining research space inventory. Collaborates with Research Operations for data changes.
- Participating in the Research Administrator On Call position, which requires providing periodic on-call support to the research enterprise.
- Providing reconciliations of total research square footage from period to period. Validating changes. Analyzing data reports for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Understanding the business processes, throughout the research enterprise, that require space information, and manages the space data to support those needs.
- Participating in the annual research survey process. Collecting, compiling and reviewing all information that results from space survey. Providing training and support for users of space survey. Resolving discrepancies between users.
- Sitting on the Space Metrics Committee. Implementing the policies as outlined by Space Metrics Committee and Facilities Management. Ensuring consistent space definitions, abbreviations, categorizations and measurement practices as well as room and building identification.
- Documenting and following through to resolution all space database issues by adhering to problem solving and escalation procedures/standards of the Hospital. Notifying supervisor/manager of problem areas and develops backup strategies and emergency plans.
- Developing and analyzing reports to support decisions related to effective utilization of space for short and long range space planning and forecasting consistent with the Clinical and Basic Research Strategic Plans.
- Collaborating with Research Finance to prepare dollar density reports. Designing, producing and distributing all other reports in a timely fashion.
- Developing and maintaining records including but not limited to space allocation, shared space and common space.
- Supporting the space allocation activities; as well as the Facilities Management department in the development and implementation of the Strategic Master Plan.
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in facility planning, research management or a related field. A minimum of 3 years experience required.
- The ability to analyze and integrate highly complex data and present conclusions in a clear and cogent manner.
- Incumbent to be facile with financial information but accounting skills are not required.
- Advanced negotiating/diplomatic skills to develop understanding and cooperation between divergent interest groups and to effectively offer technical assistance on facility development issues of critical importance to the institution.
- Strong computer and analytic skills.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.