SPH Biotherapeutics (HK) is a startup pre-clinical stage biotech company located at Hong Kong Science and Technology Park in Hong Kong. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shanghai Pharmaceuticals (SPH), which is No. 2 pharmaceutical company in China. We are specialized in the development of next generation immuno-oncology biotherapeutics and technologies. At current stage, we are expanding our R&D team. The ideal candidates must have extensive experience in molecular and cellular biology, cancer immunology, TCR T and CAR T-cell development, flow cytometry, and cell culture. Highly motivated and self-directed applicants interested in the translational research of immuno-oncology are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with related training and experience will be given a priority.
Research Scientist Position (19-01)
Key Responsibilities include:
The position is capable to support the research activities and independently complete individual projects under the direction of the chief scientific officer in the company. The position will interact and collaborate with a number of scientists and associates highly trained in translational research of immuno-oncology. The persons will bring their skills, knowledge, and experience to actively contribute to the development of immunotherapies against a variety of cancers.
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required, with 0-3 years of research experience;
- A track record of publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals;
- Solid knowledge in cancer immunology, molecular and cell biology, and biochemistry;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal in English) with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Effectively lead a project in a translational research environment in order to successfully meet project goals;
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks;
- Ability to design and execute experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a persuasive and meaningful manner;
- Ability to participate in the preparation of grant applications and publications.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Gene cloning/re-engineering, antibody engineering, T cell-based therapy and CAR/TCR-T cell development is preferred;
- Handling mice, and PDX mouse models;
- Immunofluorescent staining, imaging/fluorescent microscopy, multi-parameter flow cytometry is preferred;
- Various genomic analytical platforms, such as NGS, RNA-sequencing, etc. is a plus;
Salaries and Benefits
Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and the benefits are very competitive internationally.
You will be working within a new company near Chinese University of Hong Kong in the suburban of Hong Kong city. The company will recognize and reward you for your talent and commitment. If you have the ability and desire to work among a group of professionals who will both challenge and develop your skillset, then we want to hear from you. Please submit your curriculum vitae with one of the job codes listed above, a statement detailing your research experience and skill, contact information (email address and phone number) and two professional references to Dr. Hua Zhang, firstname.lastname@example.org;
For inquiry, Tel. (852) 3151 5993，Website: www.sphchina.com
Apply for Research Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly