Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Description Summary
This is a grant-funded term position anticipated to end June 30, 2020 with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
The Center's research, outreach, and educational activities focus on developing an interdisciplinary understanding of the process by which scientific discoveries are translated to create public value. A particular focus of the Center's research is on developing an integrated understanding of the contribution of technology assessment, business models, capital investments, markets, and public policy on the efficiency of new drug development in the biopharmaceutical industry. Fellows with backgrounds in the natural sciences will have an opportunity to develop advanced data analytic and business skills through their work.
Please visit http://www.bentley.edu for more information about Bentley University and www.bentley.edu/sciindustry for more information about the Center.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow carries out a research program under the guidance of a faculty member. The research and responsibilities include:
- Design, method development, data collection, and analysis involving statistical analysis, data visualization, analytical models, natural language processing, or machine learning. Note: training in data analytic methods is available.
- Author manuscripts in peer reviewed journals and represent the Center’s research at scientific and industry meetings.
- Supervise and mentor graduate and undergraduate student researchers.
- Candidates should have a doctorate degree, or equivalent terminal degree, in a relevant field of biomedical science including genomics, molecular biology, bioinformatics, biochemistry, or pharmaceutical science.
- Applicants with professional interest in business or policy are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals must be proficient in routine computer applications, such as Microsoft Office, and facility with common statistical methods.
- Applicants with working knowledge of programming/scripting languages (SQL, R, Python, or Perl), visualization platforms (Tableau), or cloud computing (AWS) are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals with industry experience, and those interested in transitioning from biomedical science to careers in the biopharmaceutical industry, consulting, or investment are particularly encouraged to apply.
Required Applicant Documents
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Research Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All application materials should be submitted through Bentley's on-line employment site at https://bentley.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/staff (position department: Center for Integration of Science and Industry). Applications should include curriculum vita, cover letter, and statements of research experience and research interests.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.