Postdoctoral Scholar Position in Mitotic Kinesin-14 Mechanism and Regulation - Department of Physics
Oregon State University, Corvallis,
The Department of Physics at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) is looking to hire a full-time 12-month Postdoctoral Scholar to work on revealing the mechanism and regulation of kinesin-14 motors in mitotic spindle assembly. The position is funded by an NIH grant and will work under
the mentorship of the Principle Investigator Dr. Weihong Qiu. The position is renewable annually, and reappointment is at the discretion of the Principal Investigator and the OSU Office of Postdoctoral Programs.
Stipend and benefits conform with the postdoctoral scholar standards at Oregon State University. More information about postdoctoral scholar appointments at Oregon State University can be found at http://gradschool.oregonstate.edu/postdocs.
Successful candidates will:
1) work to dissect the mechanism and regulation of mitotic kinesin-14 motors using an interdisciplinary approach;
2) generate new research ideas and work with the Principal Investigator to expand current research by writing and contributing to new grant proposals;
3) prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals; and 4) assist in the training of graduate and undergraduate students in the Principle Investigator’s lab.
Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, or closely related fields.
Preference will be given to candidates with strong background and extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: protein biochemistry, high-precision single-molecule light microscopy, or instrumentation of single-molecule light microscopy.
Candidates are also expected to have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
The position is immediately available until a suitable candidate is found. To apply, applicants need to send:
(1) curriculum vitae;
(2) a cover letter that describes interest and qualification in the position;
(3) contact information of three professional references; and
(4) reprints and preprints of representative publications.
Application materials should be sent as a single PDF to Dr. Weihong Qiu at Weihong.Qiu@physics.oregonstate.edu.
Oregon State University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Postdoctoral Scholar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly