Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Exploratory Immunology
Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
We are seeking to expand our Exploratory team by recruiting a Scientist/Sr. Scientist with a background in adaptive and innate immunology. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel immune-therapeutics. The scientist will be responsible for evaluating SQZ-engineered immune cells in immuno-oncology applications. Specifically, this candidate will design and execute complex in vivo and ex vivo studies with SQZ-engineered immune cells and test rational combinations of cancer therapeutics with the goal of advancing the project into clinical development. The qualified individual will have a strong background in adaptive and innate immunology, tumor biology, and/or immuno-oncology.
This position requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as this candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment. Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to the external scientific visibility of the company through collaboration with large pharmaceutical companies and serve as a subject matter expert in innate and adaptive immunology.
- Design, plan, and execute complex in vivo and ex vivo assays to evaluate anti-tumor efficacy
- Develop in vitro and in vivo assays to evaluate effector cell function of SQZ-engineered cells
- Develop novel tumor models to investigate SQZ immunotherapies
- Design flow cytometry (FACS) panels and perform analysis on murine cells, tumors, and tissues
- Mentor research associates and junior scientists
- Document work in notebooks and technical reports
- Manage and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert in immuno-oncology
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings
- Participate in an interactive, team-oriented culture, interfacing primarily with a variety of project teams.
- Expertise in the functional characterization of primary immune effector cells
- Hands on experience with the ex vivo manipulation of primary immune cells
- Expertise in the innate and adaptive immune system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute effectively in a cross-functional role
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team consisting of a diverse group of science and engineering professionals
- Must work well within a fast-paced, dynamic and team-oriented start-up environment
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- PhD in immunology, cancer biology, or related discipline
- At least 1-3 years of post-doctoral experience, preferably in industry environment
- Experience in cancer immunology is required
- Skilled in ex vivo and in vitro assays involving complex immune cell culture systems, flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT, and intracellular cytokine staining
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.