Call for Nominations: Scolnick Prize in Neuroscience
Call for Nominations:
Scolnick Prize in Neuroscience
The McGovern Institute for Brain Research is accepting nominations for the 17th annual Edward M. Scolnick Prize in Neuroscience. The $150,000 prize recognizes an outstanding discovery or significant advance in the field of neuroscience. The prize ceremony, which includes a public lecture at MIT, will take place in Spring 2020. A dinner for the recipient and invited guests follows the prize lecture.
Nomination Deadline: December 15, 2019
Candidates for the award must be nominated by individuals affiliated with universities, hospitals, medicals schools, or research institutes, with a background in neuroscience. Self-nomination is not permitted. Each nomination should include:
- A biosketch or CV of the nominee.
- A letter of nomination with a summary and analysis of the major contributions of the nominee to the field of neuroscience.
- Up to two representative reprints will be accepted.
- Members of the selection committee and faculty affiliated with MIT are not eligible.
- Announcement of the award recipient will be made in January 2020.
- Recipient must attend all events to be awarded the prize.
Past Scolnick Prize Recipients:
2019: Richard Huganir, Johns Hopkins University; 2018: David J. Anderson, HHMI, Caltech; 2017: Catherine Dulac, HHMI, Harvard University; 2016: Cornelia Bargmann, HHMI, The Rockefeller University; 2015: Charles Gilbert, The Rockefeller University; 2014: Huda Zoghbi, HHMI, Baylor University; 2013: Thomas Jessell, HHMI, Columbia University; 2012: Roger Nicoll, UCSF; 2011: Bruce McEwen, The Rockefeller University; 2010: Lily and Yuh-Nung Jan, UCSF; 2009: Jeremy Nathans, Johns Hopkins University; 2008: Michael Davis, Emory University; 2007: David Julius, UCSF; 2006: Michael Greenberg, Children’s Hospital/HMS; 2005: Judith Rapoport, NIH; 2004: Masakazu Konishi, CalTech
Send nomination packet to:
For more information:
Apply for Call for Nominations: Scolnick Prize in Neuroscience
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly