Programme Leader - Structural Studies -Dr David Barford/Dr Sjors Scheres - LMB 1157
The MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology wishes to recruit a new Programme Leader/Programme Leader Track to the Division of Structural Studies.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding scientist with game-changing ideas for the development and application of novel methods in molecular/cellular structural biology that will lead to solving long-term fundamental questions. Potential areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Sample preparation and/or experimental approaches in electron microscopy, including cryo-electron tomography and labelling.
- Single-molecule and other biophysical techniques to understand macromolecular dynamics.
- Computational approaches to provide quantitative understanding of macromolecular structure and dynamics.
The MRC-LMB is one of the birthplaces of molecular and structural biology and is extremely well equipped for the research envisioned, including crystallography, electron microscopy and NMR, as well as light microscopy and biophysics, supported by electronic and mechanical workshops.
We welcome applicants from all scientific disciplines. The appointment will be made at either Programme Leader or Programme Leader-track level, depending on achievements and experience.
Candidates for Programme Leader position should have a strong international track record of relevant independent research and a proven ability to lead a research team, pursuing original approaches to long-term research goals.
The MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology is a research institute within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, more information can be found at www.ukri.org.
Working for UKRI MRC provides a whole host of benefits including:
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Excellent holiday entitlement (40 ½ days including bank holidays & privilege days)
- Benenden Healthcare membership
- Access to employee shopping/travel discounts
- On site sport and social facilities
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Submissions should include a covering letter and full CV and a proposal for future research (up to 3 pages).
To apply and access full details of the vacancy please visit our job board.
If you are unable to apply online please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 27/10/2019
Final appointments will be subject to a pre-employment screening.
The Medical Research Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer who participates in the Disability Confident scheme.