Roche Internship in Medicinal Chemistry (RiCH) (6 or 12 months, starting Sept. 1st, 2020)
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are brave in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
The Basel Medicinal Chemistry group is an integral part of the Roche Drug Discovery engine and represents how we innovate healthcare through the invention of differentiated medicines for treating diseases for unmet medical needs. We offer internship positions with 6 or 12 months duration. During the internship program the most talented chemistry students (or gap year students before starting a PhD) get the chance to gain valuable work experience in synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
During the internship you will
- be led by a chemistry laboratory head or senior laboratory associate and be part of a team involved in lead generation and/or lead optimization projects synthesizing novel molecules for innovative biological targets
- conduct laboratory research and work in a small team composed of 1 - 3 research associates to become experienced in the use of modern organic chemistry synthetic methods and purification technologies
- develop structure activity and structure property relationships via analyzing computed and measured multi-dimensional optimization parameters
- use electronic laboratory notebooks to accurately document your research results
- receive complementary education with a tuition program through which you will deepen your understanding in organic and medicinal chemistry and improve your presentation skills
We are keen to discover talents who are passionate about learning and show great curiosity in discovering new things. At the Roche Headquarter site in Basel/Kaiseraugst, employees from over 90 countries are doing now what patients need next. We contribute our share towards achieving our mission and to make our vision of personalized healthcare happen. We offer you a multicultural workplace in a modern environment, which at the same time requires you to be open-minded and adaptable. This also means that you continuously contrast your results with others and acknowledge the benefit of teamwork and communications. You will be a member of our Interns Network that offers you chances to connect, have fun and get to know Basel in the heart of Europe.
We are looking for highly motivated students with a strong enthusiasm for Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, who are interested in performing state of the art research in the pharmaceutical industry.
- a Chemistry Master student at a University who in the academic year of 2020/21 will be in the penultimate or last year of study or will be in a gap year before starting a PhD
- at the “Year in Industry” junction of the studies
- ambitious to join a multi-cultural team which strives to bring medications to patients
- an ambitious team-worker who relishes working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- passionate and dedicated about your further education in the area of Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
- excellent with your organizational skills, a pro-active knowledge sharer and fluent in English
Please make clear if you are interested in a 6 or 12 months internship position starting September 1st, 2020. Upload your application documents (CV and motivation letter) in one PDF.
Please apply until October 7th, 12pm, 2019.
Find out more about the RiCH programme here.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Tags: ROiQQ ROiLS ROiCH
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.