Innovation Instructor Position in School of Entrepreneurship and Management
Innovation Instructor (full-time)
The Innovation Instructure will be a core member of a teaching group for co-teachinginnovation courses, including Design Thinking and Innovation Lab.The Design Thinking course aims to develop students’ critical thinking ability, problem-solving skills, and innovative design mindset. The Innovation Lab applies theoretical knowledge and research skills in group projects on customer research in real-life settings. Apart from classroom teaching and test-based assessment, the instructor will:
· Lead discussion sessions in a thought-provoking way;
· Design project goals and evaluation criteria;
· Develop and update course materials and lecture plans;
· Provide mentorship and oversight to students by advisingthem on group projects and monitoring their work progress;
· Develop and maintain an effective network of industrial expertiseand links that can provide course-relatedworkshops, talks, and practicums,including industry experts from background of high-tech start-ups, IP laws, data science, design industry and VC etc;
· Support different Professors to teach course sessions; and
· Responsible for all course logistics work including classroom setup, prototype room maintenance, course communications with students and department of other schools,teaching assistant recruitment and training and part-time instructor recruitment and training etc.
· The instructor is also expected to play an active role in supporting innovation activities in the Schoolby
· Participating (and co-teaching) in larger sections of other innovation curriculum;
· Helping design and implement programs to support and promote creativity and innovation in the school community;
· Supportingextracurricular initiatives to nurture student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship; and
· Fulfillingany other requirements as requested by the Dean.
· A Master (or higher) Degree (in any field) from a reputed institution
· Bilingual (Chinese/English) competence in communication
· Two to five years of teaching experience (with success in college-level teaching and/or executive education).
· Skills of coaching groups of students and mentoring on an individual basis.
· Education background of STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), design, education, philosophy, psychology, or business
· Varied professional experience, both in classroom settings and outside of schools, especially in business consulting or entrepreneurship
· Familiarity with Design Thinking / Innovation principles and application through work experience or education
· Demonstrated ability of professional/industrial networking
Application Procedure: Qualified applicants are invited to submit (in English) a cover letter, a CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and at least two reference letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide very competitive salary and benefits for this post.
Deadline: Open until the position is filled.
Apply for Innovation Instructor Position in School of Entrepreneurship and Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly