Assistant Professor of Biology
Working Title: Assistant Professor of Biology
Official Title: Assistant Professor
Employment Class: Faculty
Terms of Employment: Tenure Track Position
Summary: The Department of Biology at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh invites applications for an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) position beginning September 2020. This position involves teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, establishing a research program, advising students, performing scholarship and service, overseeing the Neil A. Harriman Herbarium, and participation in governance of the department.
Responsibilities: Share in teaching introductory biology, introductory plant biology; teach Plant Taxonomy or upper level plant biology elective in the candidate’s area of expertise; develop a research program that involves undergraduate and graduate students; pursue extramural funding; supervise M.S. theses, supervise growth and development of the Neil A. Harriman Herbarium (currently fourth largest collection in the state of Wisconsin), and participate in governance of the department.
1. Ph.D. in Biology or related field. ABDs with a reasonable likelihood of degree completion prior to hiring may also apply.
2. Combination of coursework and or experience sufficient to teach courses in: introductory biology, botany, and advanced coursework in plant biology.
1. Teaching experience in higher education.
2. At least one year of post-doctoral experience.
3. A combination of coursework and or experience sufficient to teach courses in either plant
taxonomy, plant systematics, or plant conservation.
4. Herbarium curatorial experience.
5. Strong record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
6. Evidence of ability to procure grant funding. To Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
- Letter of application
- Brief statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Electronic copies of a maximum of 3 publications
- List of 3 professional references who may be contacted for letters of recommendation (at least one must be from the candidate's current institution)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (official or copy)
UWO is committed to building a culturally diverse employee workforce and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by October 4, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.