Associate Professor or Full Professor with Tenure, Faculty Position in Reproductive & Genome Science
Associate Professor or Full Professor with Tenure, Faculty Position
in Reproductive & Genome Science
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Department of Genome Sciences, and the Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine at the University of Washington announce a joint search for a full-time faculty position at the Associate or full Professor Rank with tenure.
We seek an individual (PhD and/or MD or foreign equivalent) with training and scholarly achievements in genomics and reproductive science who has a strong commitment to research and education. We welcome applications from scholar-educators who use genetic, genomic or proteomic techniques and stem cells to investigate basic mechanisms of reproductive physiology and disease with the over-arching goal of fostering women’s reproductive health.
In addition to directing an innovative research program in reproductive science, qualified individuals must have excellent teaching credentials, be committed to modern teaching methods and be willing to participate in medical and graduate educational programs (~ 20% time).
Academic rank and salary are competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Laboratory and office space will be provided by the Research Division of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, which occupies approximately 6,000 sq. ft. of laboratory space at the South Lake Union Campus of the University of Washington, and the Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, which occupies several floors of laboratory space at the Campus. The SLU Campus is a dynamic research environment and offers outstanding opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations (https://www.uwmedicine.org/research/sites-facilities/slu).
To apply, please submit the following documents electronically through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/60979.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Description of research accomplishments and plans: Please describe the significance of your past research accomplishments, the potential impact of your future research, your plans for grant applications, and how you would contribute to and benefit from intellectual engagement with the faculty in the participating departments (i.e., Obstetrics & Gynecology, Genome Sciences and ISCRM) and the University of Washington as a community (3 pages or less).
- Description of teaching experience, interests and reflections on pedagogical philosophy. Describe your teaching experience (medical and graduate education), educational philosophy, and areas of expertise in teaching about reproduction and medicine (1 page or less).
- Description of commitment to diversity. Describe how you envision fostering the values of diversity and inclusiveness to enhance the opportunities for all students, faculty and staff (1 page or less).
- References. Please have 3 references submit letters of recommendation through the Interfolio link below
- Reprint (pdf) of 2 selected publications.
Please send inquiries by email to Ms. Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on September 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. The top candidates will be invited to the University of Washington to give a seminar and meet faculty members of the participating institutions.
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
Apply for Associate Professor or Full Professor with Tenure, Faculty Position in Reproductive & Genome Science
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly