We are looking for an experienced Research Assistant to work within our Endocrinology Research Laboratory at Friedman Diabetes Institute at Lenox Hill Hospital.
A Research Assistant is needed to work on research projects on diabetes and breast cancer.
- To perform molecular biology experiments under supervision of Laboratory Director.
- To analyze, review, and report test results and quality control results and take remedial action when indicated.
- To ensure specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’s procedure for specimen handling and processing.
- To adhere to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related science and related experience.
- Proficient in handling cell cultures, RNA/DNA/protein extraction, Western blots, qRT-PCRs, ELISA, immunofluorescence.
- Significant laboratory experience.
- Experience in operating laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, chemical and biohazards, etc.).
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Scheduled weekly hours: 40 hours.
Competitive pay and benefits.
For application, please submit: (1) Letter of Interest, (2) CV, (3) three references with referee’s contact information to: Dimiter Avtanski, PhD (email@example.com), Director Endocrine Research Laboratory at Lenox Hill Hospital, Northwell Health.
Apply for Research Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City
- Biochemistry Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City
- Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City
- Biomedical Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City
- Cell Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in New York City