Postdoctoral position in bioinformatics and genomics of gene expression
The Reinke Lab at Yale University (https://medicine.yale.edu/lab/reinke/) has a postdoctoral position available in the field of bioinformatics. The lab focuses on genetic and epigenetic regulation of gene expression, with an emphasis on deciphering the mechanisms that dictate germ cell specification and function. We use a variety of genome-scale assays, complemented by the powerful genetic and cell biological techniques of the model organism C. elegans. As such, we have large sets of genomic data that would provide a launch pad for a motivated postdoc to develop independent analytical tools and identify novel biological processes that could be subsequently validated in vivo. Yale University provides a strong infrastructure to support this kind of research, with a top-notch sequencing facility and sophisticated computational support. Post-docs will be encouraged to develop independent projects, publish their work, present at conferences and prepare for long-term careers in academia or industry.
- Recent PhD or MD/PhD with established track record in biomedical research such as bioinformatics, biostatistics and developmental biology.
- Expertise with genetics and genomics data analysis is preferred.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates please send a PDF file including the following to Valerie Reinke (email@example.com):
- A short summary of present and future research interests.
- CV with a list of publications.
- Contact information for three referees.
Salary/stipend follows the current NIH scale.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly