Senior Scientific Researcher
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Senior Scientific Researcher
The Immunology Discovery Department is looking for a talented, motivated, and flexible Senior Scientific Researcher to perform drug discovery/validation research in the area of inflammatory diseases, including inflammatory bowel disease and cancer. The successful candidate will utilize tools of molecular biology, biochemistry, and in vivo models to understand pathways related to the epithelial barrier function, host-microbiome interaction, and immune modulations. S/he is expected to actively participate in the discovery of protein, peptide, and/or antibody therapeutics. We expect the candidate to have a proven working knowledge of a broad range of immunology principles.
- Lead the biology and bench work activity to evaluate the pathways related to gut epithelial cell regeneration, immune cell biology, and host-microbiome interaction.
- Assist the team including chemist or antibody engineering colleagues to screening drug candidates with desirable properties.
- Experiment design, performance, and data analysis with ability to pay attention to details for condition optimization.
Who You Are
- The successful applicant will have a Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology or related field.
- Candidate with a solid background in mucosal immunology or gut epithelial biology would be prioritized for consideration.
- Postdoctoral training would be preferred.
- The ideal candidate should have research experience in related experimental skills, including multicolor flow cytometric analysis, primary lymphocyte isolation, and in vivo handling.
- Good oral/written communication skills, problem solving, flexibility, and the ability/motivation to integrate the molecule pathway into a large disease orientated context will be expected.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.