Senior Scientific Researcher, Proteomics
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Senior Scientific Researcher
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientific Researcher to join the Microchemistry, Proteomics and Lipidomics (MPL) Department to solve challenging chemical proteomics and chemical biology questions. At MPL, we develop and implement cutting edge instrument/robotics/proteomic strategies as well as computational tools to support numerous exciting discovery and pre-clinical projects throughout Genentech Research & Early Development (gRED). In this role you will be making a significant contribution to our pipeline by understanding in situ small molecule - protein interaction, such as drug target deconvolution and MOA elucidation, which could be translated to more robust therapeutic benefits.
- Perform proteomic sample preparation procedures, such as digestion, desalting, chemical labeling (TMT etc.) and fractionation
- Conduct small scale chemical reactions such as CuAAC, photoaffinity labeling
- Operate and maintain high sensitivity, high resolution mass spectrometers such as Orbitrap Fusion Lumos and nanoUPLC systems
- Perform computational analysis to interpret proteomic results
- Prepare reports/presentation and communicate with key stakeholders
- Work independently, as well as a key player in a multidisciplinary team to move project forward
Who You Are
- MS or PhD in chemistry, biochemistry or related field, with >4 years hands-on experience in chemical proteomics
- Extensive experience in mass spec-based proteomics techniques
- Capable of independent proteomic data analysis
- Good understanding of activity-based protein profiling and chemical proteomics workflows
- Experience in organic chemistry and synthetic chemistry
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.