Postdoctoral Research Fellow or Associate Research Scientist
Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Scientist position is available in the DOD-funded laboratory of Dr. June Wu at Columbia University Medical Center in New York, NY. Seeking a highly motivated individual to join a research team working together to understanding the development of the vascular system and the genetic causes of vascular anomalies. Those with experience using transgenic mouse models with a background in molecular biology, vascular biology, and/or genetics are encouraged to apply. The research will involve recombinant DNA work, protein evaluation and purification, viral vector construction and use, in vitro angiogenesis assays, murine xenograft and transgenic mouse modeling.
Candidates should have a PhD or equivalent experience and will be responsible for conducting independent research in a basic research laboratory, as well as overseeing the activities of technicians and/or students who will conduct research in the laboratory, including training and oversight of these activities.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
We are looking for candidates with a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree and experience in molecular biology techniques (protein work/immunoblotting, cell culture, mouse modeling experience). We are looking for motivated and creative individuals with a commitment to academic research who can work independently as well as in team-based projects. Great communication skills are musts.
- Perform of laboratory research in the area of vascular biology, vascular development using human-derived tissues and cells.
- Evaluate the effect of small molecule compounds on vascular tumor and malformation-derived cell function including proliferation, migration, differentiation, vasculogeneiss and angiogenesis (in vitro)
- Using a xenograft mouse model to assess in vivo effects of small molecular compounds on pathogenesis of vascular anomalies.
- Interact with the High Throughput Screening core facilities to design large format templates for high throughput drug and small molecule compounds screening.
- Interact with Institute of Genomic Medicine (IGM) and whole exome sequencing team; analysis of genetic data.
- Maintain and analyze a transgenic mouse model of venous malformation (with technician help)
- Quantitatively analyze and summarize research data sets utilizing statistical methods.
- Present research results and prepare manuscripts for peer review and publication in professional journals. Perform literature searches, manage data, analyze experimental results and published data. Participate to the development of an extramurally funded research program by assisting PIs with NIH grants.by developing and generating data and figures
PhD and/or MD in Biomedical Research required.