We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to work in the interface between the life sciences and computational biology to use big-datasets and computer algorithms to study the pathogenesis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Funds from the National ALS Association will support the fellow for at least two years. The Fellow will be located in the laboratory of Dr. Robert Bowser (https://www.barrowneuro.org/get-to-know-barrow/person/robert-bowser-phd/) in the Department of Neurobiology at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, AZ. However, the fellow will work with at least two artificial intelligence companies as well as leading scientists in the fields of ALS and DNA/RNA sequencing to use complex datasets to gain insights into the complexity of the disease, modeling onset and disease progression, and identifying new therapeutic targets.
We seek a scientist who has completed a Ph.D within the past 18 months in the areas of computational biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, and/or computer science. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience using computer algorithms to analyze –Omics datasets
- Knowledge of neuroscience
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools, algorithms and data types
- Knowledge of proteomics, metabolomics, and transcriptomics data sets
- Ability to interact with both bench neuroscientists as well as computer scientists
Travel will be required to visit collaborating scientists and AI companies to work hand-in-hand with scientists and computer scientists/software engineers. The appointment is expected to begin in October, 2019. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, current CV, and list of three references to Dr. Robert Bowser at Robert.Bowser@Dignityhealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix
- Bioinformatics Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix
- Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix
- Physical Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix
- Computer Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Phoenix