Academic Positions Available in All Areas at Department of Computer Science, Jinan University
Founded in 1906 by Governor Duan and Emperor Guangxu with the intention to teach Chinese language and Chinese culture to overseas Chinese, Jinan University was the first university in China to recruit foreign students, and it currently has the largest number of international students, known as "the Number One Institution of Overseas Chinese". Our department of Computer Science was established in 1984, which is currently eligible to award PhD degrees and Master's degrees in Computer Science and Technology, as well as three undergraduate degrees in Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering and Network Engineering.
Researchers in our department have strong publications in various research areas, such as software engineering, computer networks, artificial intelligence, cryptography, and computer security. The Department of Computer Science is now seeking new senior and junior staff members who are enthusiastic about research and/or teaching, to join our team. An ideal candidate will collaborate with our existing team members and further contribute to our research strength.
- An applicant must have a PhD degree in computer science, mathematics or relevant research areas;
- When applying for a senior position (Associate Professor or Professor), you must provide evidence of excellence in teaching at the university level along with outstanding research potential, There is no maximal age restriction when applying for a senior position;
- Must accept Chinese culture and love Chinese people, and obey laws in China;
- Having published at least three papers in top journals or conferences as the first author or corresponding author in the past 5 years.
The honorarium can be negotiated and we provide very competitive salary and appropriate housing subsidies to commensurate with qualifications , experience and future contract objectives.
The university may provide start-up funds to support your research projects.
- The university will help all future employees (including family members) in applying for resident permit in Guangzhou;
- The children of Jinan University employees are eligible to enroll in Jinan primary school or Jinan University High school, which are among the best educational primary and secondary institutions in Guangzhou;
- Annual health check in a best hospital in the city will be provided for free.
Please send your application materials (All in English) to us via email or post.
- Your personal CV with a passport sized photo;
- A list of publications;
- 2 or 3 representative publications (i.e., your major academic contributions);
- A copy of the front page of your passport and a certificate of your highest educational degree.
If your application is sent via email, your email subject has to be in the following format: Name + Current institution
If you are not yet a graduated PhD, the Current institution will be the university you are graduating from. Otherwise, it will be the institution you are currently working at.
Your application can be sent electronically to Professor Zhou (email@example.com) and Ms Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org), or to the following postal address.
Department of Computer Science
Jinan University, 601 Guangpu Ave West, Tianhe District,
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Post code: 510632
All applications will be carefully examined and considered during the first round, before a notification for interview is sent out to each short-listed candidate.
For all enquirers,
Feel free to contact Professor Zhou (email@example.com) and Ms Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org), or through telephone: 86-20-8522-8341, 86-20-8522-0227.
Apply for Academic Positions Available in All Areas at Department of Computer Science, Jinan University
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly