2019 SUST Welcomes Global Distinguished Young Scholars
Shaanxi University of Science and Technology (SUST) is a multidisciplinary university specializing in science, technology and engineering. SUST is supported by National University Basic Ability Construction Project-Mid and West, and Shaanxi Province Advanced Level University Construction Project during the 12th Five-Year Plan. We invite overseas talents to 2019 SUST WEIYANG INTERNATIONAL FORUM for Distinguished Young Scholars.
Date：4th Sep. 2019 to 8th Sep. 2019
I. About the Forum
As a parallel session of SRIF 2019, which focuses on the Belt and Road Initiative and 'Four First-Rate' higher education strategy of Shaanxi Province, SUST WEIYANG INTERNATIONAL FORUM has been aiming to deepen interactions between invited scholars and SUST in related research areas. SUST WEIYANG INTERNATIONAL FORUM consists of University Session and School Session. University Session will focus on advanced academic interaction and introductions of SUST development strategies, disciplines, faculty, research and postgraduate education. For School Session, scholars will visit preferred/optional schools to interact with SUST faculty and have a better understanding of working environment, current research, lab equipment, and available faculty positions.
II. Previous Scholars Review
The past three forums have become a great starting with participation of nearly 100 distinguished young scholars from home and abroad in 2016、2017 and 2018. More importantly, several young scholars have been awarded fellowship of Shaanxi talents projects. Also, some young scholars chose Shaanxi University of Science and technology as development platform, employed as Excellent young scholars(B0) and Excellent PhD(B1), and started new careers in SUST.
III. Involved Research Areas
Bio-resources Chemical &Material Engineering
- Research Area: Pulp and Paper Engineering, Leather Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Printing Engineering, Nonwoven Material and Engineering etc;
- School: School of Light Industrial Science and Engineering
Materials Science & Engineering
- Research Area: High Performance Silicate Engineering, Functional Film and Coating Materials, Electronic Function Materials and Devices, Functional Composite materials, Nano Energy and Environmental Materials, and other related fields;
- School: School of Materials Science and Engineering.
Environmental Science & Engineering
- Research Area: Industrial Pollution Control and Resource Utilization, Environmental Biotechnology, Air Pollution Control Technology, Environmental Friendly Chemicals and other related fields;
- School: School of Environmental Science and Engineering.
Food & Biological Engineering
- Research Area: Food Science and Engineering, Food Quality and Safety, Biological Engineering, Pharmacy and other related fields;
- School: School of Food and Biological Engineering
Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
- Research Area: Chemical Engineering and Technology, Applied Chemistry, Polymer Materials and Engineering, and Petroleum Engineering and other related fields;
- School: School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- Research Area: Mechanical Design-manufacture and Automation, Mechanical and Electrical, Process Equipment and Control, Industrial Engineering, Logistics Engineering, Energy and Power Engineering and other related fields;
- School: School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Electrical and Control Engineering
- Research Area: Electrical Engineering and Automation, Control Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Technology, Computer Science and Technology, Management Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Pattern Recognition and Intelligent Systems, Testing Technology and Automation Device, Advanced Control Algorithm and Application, Measurement and Control Technology and Instrument and other related fields;
- School: School of Electrical and Control Engineering
Electronic Information and Artificial Intelligence
- Research Area: Software Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Electronic Science and Technology, Information and Communication Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and other related fields;
- School: School of Electronic Information and Artificial Intelligence
Economics & Management
- Research Area: Economics, Management and other related fields;
- School: School of Economics & Management
Design & Arts
- Research Area: Artistic, Design Science, Fine Arts and other related fields;
- School: School of School of Design and Arts
Mathematics, Physics, & English
- Research Area: Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Information and Computing Science, English Advanced Translation and other related fields;
- School: School of Arts and Sciences.
- Research Area: Basic Principle of Marxism, History of Marxism, Study on the Sinicization of Marxism, Ideological and Political Education, Study on the basic issues of China’s modern and contemporary history and other related fields;
- School: School of Marxism.
- Research Area: Principle of Pedagogy, Higher Pedagogy and other related fields;
- School: School of Education.
IV. Application Requirements
- own the PhD degrees, usually with work experience no less than 2 years;
- have demonstrated remarkable academic achievements;
- have an innovative thinking and great potential of leadership in specific research area;
- have excellent academic and work ethics.
V. Application Procedure
You are provided with two ways to apply:
Please email completed Application Form (see Appendix) and your CV (WORD/PDF format) to email@example.com, with subject heading 'SUST WEIYANG FORUM-Research Area-Full Name of Applicant'. The CV (in English or Mandarin) should include basic personal information, educational background and work experience, research interests, academic achievements (published and collected papers, research projects, patents and awards), and other necessary materials.
The application form collects the applicant's relevant information, including: Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Email Address, Research Area, Current Affiliation (Country or Region required), Position, Contact Mobile Number and preferred and optional school in SUST for School Session.
Deadline for application：August 20th, 2019
Qualified applicants will receive official invitation letter to the forum via E-mail.
VI. SUST Support
Accommodation, meals and travel expenses will be covered by SUST, including shuttle bus from airport and train station.
VII. SUST Advance Faculty Positions
SUST advanced faculty positions are open to application with salary and welfare package below (pretax). For more details, please contact us for clarification.
Youth Leading Talents (A2): We provide CNY 300,000 to 400,000 salary per year (pre-tax), CNY 450,000 relocation allowance, CNY 3,000,000 /CNY 500,000 research start-up fund(Science Engineering/Social Science), free housing on campus(apartment ~140 m2),and provide spouse's job as well.
National Thousand Talents Plan Youth Program (A3)：We provide CNY 100,000 to 300,000 salary per year (pre-tax), CNY 350,000 relocation allowance, CNY 2,000,000 /CNY 400,000 research start-up fund(Science Engineering/Social Science), free housing on campus(apartment ~120 m2),and Consider spouse's job as the top priority
Excellent Young Scholars(B0)：We provide No less than CNY 150,000 salary per year (pre-tax), CNY300,000 relocation allowance, CNY 600,000 /CNY 300,000 research start-up fund(Science Engineering/Social Science), free housing on campus(apartment 100~120 m2),and Consider spouse's job as the top priority
Excellent PhD(B1): We provide No less than CNY 150,000 salary per year (pre-tax), CNY200,000 relocation allowance, CNY200,000 /CNY150,000 research start-up fund(Science Engineering/Social Science), free housing on campus(apartment 100~120 m2), and Consider spouse's job as the top priority
*Fellow of Shaanxi Provincial Thousand Talent Plan Youth Program shall be entitled to its special benefit plan as following: ①Allowance equal to government prize of CNY 600000 from Shaanxi provincial government on top of above SUST normal position salary and welfare; ② Research subsidies, varying from CNY 0.3million to 1 million; ③ Job will be provided to spouse to move along.
**Fellow of National Thousand Talent Plan Youth Program shall be entitled to its special benefit plan as following: ① Allowance for living expenses of CNY 500000 from central government on top of above SUST normal position salary and welfare; ② Research subsidies, varying from CNY 1 million to 3 million allocated in batches in 3 years; ③ Job will be provided to spouse to move along.
VIII. Contact Us
Department of Human Resources, SUST
Contacts: Shaozhong Lv, Zirui Dang
Tel: +86-29-86132873 +86-29-86168062
Address：Weiyang University Zone, Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, China
Post code: 710021