Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
SQZ Biotechnologies is seeking to expand our Research & Development team by recruiting a Scientist with a background in Immunology. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel immune-therapeutics. The successful candidate will effectively and routinely collaborate with colleagues on different projects and regularly present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and leadership at SQZ Biotechnologies.
- Generate and test engineered murine and human immune cells with the CellSqueeze platform
- Design, produce, and validate cell-based assays in order to evaluate engineered immune cell function
- Design and execute in vitro studies utilizing primary immune cells
- Mentor research associates
- Contribute to experimental design and problem-solve in a creative manner
- Manage and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert in immunology
- Contribute to the external scientific visibility of the company through collaboration with large pharmaceutical companies
- Work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and present data
- Keep up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong work ethic and a team orientation
- PhD in Immunology highly preferred. Additional areas of applicable study include molecular cell biology, cancer biology, protein chemistry, and/or related fields
- Expertise in the culture of primary human cells and in vitro assays such as ELISA, ELISpot, and intracellular cytokine staining
- Hands-on experience with in vivo adoptive immune response assays in the context of tumor models is a plus
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.