iBiology Assistant Director of Research Talks and Outreach
Assistant Director of Research Talks and Outreach
iBiology is seeking a full-time Assistant Director of Research Talks and Outreach who will continue iBiology's efforts to develop high quality scientific talks and science videos, and disseminate them to our worldwide audience.
iBiology (http://www.ibiology.org) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the free, worldwide dissemination of scientific knowledge in the life sciences, mainly in the form of video. iBiology’s collection of free online videos and courses by leading biologists is used by students and researchers around the world. iBiology has produced over 500 videos, has 2 million video views per year from 180 countries and 75,000 subscribers and 30,000 social media followers.
Responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with other iBiology team members, managing the iBiology video pipeline including identifying speakers and topics, working with speakers on their presentations and slides, writing material to accompany the talks, and working with the videographer on post-production slide editing.
- Expanding iBiology’s efforts for visual communication of biology through graphics design and/or animation.
- Leading iBiology’s efforts in marketing and outreach to disseminate iBiology talks for academic and non-academic audiences worldwide.
- Writing about iBiology for blogs, newsletters, and maintaining a social media presence.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in the biological sciences.
- Demonstrated interest in science communication.
- Well organized and able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Superb oral and written communication skills; ability to be creative and engaging.
- Experience with presentation (Keynote/PowerPoint) software.
- Experience with animation, illustration, photo, and/or design software.
- Proven relationship-building skills with people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work one-on-one with senior and junior scientists to prepare their talks.
- An enthusiastic and positive team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work well on a small team.
- Experience with video editing (preferred).
- Experience with teaching undergraduate biology or in curriculum development (preferred).
Job location: San Francisco, California
Grant-funded staff position with iBiology, including salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Preferred start date is October 1, 2019.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for iBiology Assistant Director of Research Talks and Outreach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly