Harry S. Truman Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering
Harry S. Truman Fellowship
in National Security Science and Engineering
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas at major facilities in Albuquerque, New Mexico and Livermore, California. We enjoy challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide, while working alongside extraordinary co-workers and with access to some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov.
The Harry S. Truman Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering is Sandia’s prestigious post-doctoral fellowship, with about two recipients each year. We are currently seeking outstanding PhD graduates to apply before November 1. If selected for this role, you will have the opportunity to pursue independent, ground-breaking research in support of Sandia's national security mission.
Applicants are expected to have solved a major scientific or engineering problem in their thesis work or have provided a new approach or insight to a major problem, as evidenced by recognized impact in their field. Development and submission of a compelling research proposal is required to apply.
We invite applications from talented researchers who have:
- Received a PhD within the past 3 years, or will complete all PhD requirements by commencement of appointment
- A broad-based background and deep understanding of research in one or more of the following focus areas: bioscience, computing and information science, engineering sciences, geosciences, materials science, nanodevices and microsystems, radiation effects science and high energy density physics
- Excellent academic and research qualifications, strong communication skills
- No prior national laboratory postdoc appointment (pre-postdoc internships acceptable), and
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
The Truman Fellowship is a three-year appointment normally beginning on October 1. The salary is $111,200 per year plus benefits and additional funding for the chosen research proposal. This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a United States Department of Energy security clearance, which requires US citizenship.
For complete application instructions, please visit:
Please submit the complete package to:
Yolanda Moreno, Sandia NationalLaboratories, P.O. Box 5800, MS 0359, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185-0359, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred). Please reference: Job #667285. All materials and online application must be received by midnight November 1, 2019.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.