THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION FOR UP TO TWO (2) YEARS FROM START DATE.
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, current resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses. For ABD candidates, one reference MUST be the primary dissertation advisor.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately, and will continue until the successful candidates are identified. For full consideration, please apply by July 21, 2019.
The Postdoctoral Researcher position is a training platform that creates a bridge between a doctoral program and faculty/researcher opportunities and serves to prepare an individual who was recently awarded a doctorate degree with further training to undertake these types of responsibilities upon completion.
- Plans and conducts original research projects within the laboratory that are within the framework of the PI’s research focus. Research will focus on delineating the pathogenesis of metabolic diseases and their cardiovascular complications. Research may also include the development of novel approaches to treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. Works collaboratively with other research staff, trainees, and students at the direction of the PI. Maintains accurate records of research findings and provides statistical analysis of the data results, designs research projects and alternative approaches, and discusses results regularly with the PI.
- Prepares manuscripts for publication at the direction of the PI. Presents research findings at professional meetings.
- Applies for fellowships in the second year of tenure. Assists with reviews of grants and manuscripts at the direction of the PI.
- Mentors medical, graduate and undergraduate students as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies. Ability to develop manuscripts and deliver presentations.
- This position requires that the individual works independently and be a self-starter taking the initiative to accomplish tasks with little to no direction after expectation have been set.
- May have to work outside normal business hours in order to complete the requirements of this position.
- Doctoral Degree, PhD or equivalent in related technical or scientific discipline (ABD applications accepted)