CEP Revisions’ Team Supervisor (Grade B5)
Salary: 4 550€  per month
Contract Type: Fixed term contract – maximum cumulative total of 5 years
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n° e24/2019
Deadline for applications: 02/08/2019
The Council of Europe and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) are looking for a motivated and effective supervisor with strong scientific expertise to provide assistance in the treatment of revisions of Certificates of Suitability to the monographs of the European Pharmacopoeia (CEP) applications, and thus ensure manufacturers continue to comply with the European Pharmacopoeia and the requirements of the relevant EU legislation.
The main responsibilities of the job:
Within the Certification of Substances Department, the successful applicant will supervise the work of a group of scientists within the Certification of Suitability to the monographs of the European Pharmacopoeia (CEP) Revisions Team. Other responsibilities include assisting the Head of Section in the management of the activities, training and coaching junior staff and cooperating with other colleagues within the EDQM on various projects. More details are available in the vacancy notice.
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- completed higher education degree/qualification in pharmacy, chemistry etc.
- at least 3 years professional experience in the evaluation or the preparation of documentation on the quality of substances for pharmaceutical use (CTD module 3.2.S), including methods of synthesis and of various analytical methods used for the control of substances, gained either in an authority or in the chemical or pharmaceutical industries,
- preferably experience in management of small teams.
- good knowledge of one of the two official languages (English) and basic knowledge of the other official language (French).
What we offer:
- a good insight into the European regulatory framework from the EDQM perspective; experience of evaluating a wide range of pharmaceutical substances produced by manufacturers worldwide; exposure to the documentary standards required by European regulatory bodies.
- the chance to work in an ISO 9001 certified, multinational/multicultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg (a UNESCO World Heritage site).
- highly competitive, income tax-free salaries, an attractive benefits package including health insurance, additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate) and an annual training programme.
More details and information on the recruitment process can be found on our Employment website.
Applications must be submitted by 02/08/2019 (midnight French Time) at the latest.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
 Gross, as of 1 January 2019