Scientific Programme Manager (Grade A1/A2)
Salary: 4 600€ per month
Contract Type: Renewable fixed-term contract
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n°23/2019
Deadline for applications: 30/08/2019
The Council of Europe and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) are looking for a motivated Scientific Programme Manager in the fields of biological products and microbiology.
The main responsibilities of the job:
Within the European Pharmacopoeia Department, the successful applicant will provide scientific advice, guidance and support in developing and maintaining monographs and texts of the European Pharmacopoeia in the fields of biological products and microbiology. More details are available in the vacancy notice.
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- hold a higher education degree or qualification in pharmacy, biology, chemistry or a similar domain;
- have at least 4 years’ experience in methods applied in the quality control of biological substances for pharmaceutical use or biological medicinal products acquired in a licensing authority, in an official medicines control laboratory, at university (e.g. during PhD studies), in an analogous organisation or in the private sector;
- have a very good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages (English) and basic knowledge of the other (French) or capacity to acquire the knowledge whilst in post;
What we offer:
- a great opportunity to participate in the work on the 11th Edition of the European Pharmacopoeia, as we recently celebrated the publication of its 10th Edition;
- the chance to work in an ISO 9001 certified, multi-national/multi-cultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg (a UNESCO World Heritage site);
- highly competitive, income tax-free salaries, an attractive benefits package including health insurance, additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate) and an annual training programme.
Applications must be submitted by 30/08/2019 (midnight French Time) at the latest. Please note we only accept applications posted via our online recruitment website.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.