Group Head Investigative Safety Roche Innovation Center Shanghai
For Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Roche Innovation Centre Shanghai, we are looking for a leader of the experimental in vitro team that is part of the Investigative Safety Department. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated scientist dedicated to the development and application of advanced cellular models to support the safety assessment of drug candidates.
Particularly, we are interested in applying screening assays in ADME & early safety – this also includes introducing new technologies (e.g. 3D cell culture) to study the mode of action and predict the liabilities of novel molecules.
In this role, you will be leading a team of scientists that aims at using human-relevant in vitro systems and innovative toxicity readouts to accelerate and improve the drug development process while reducing the need for animal testing.
You are responsible for managing and further strengthening an experimental team locally that is embedded within a global organization support drug safety safety assessment.
In addition, you will also manage the CROs for in vitro assays outsourcing.
In this position, you will collaborate with multiple stakeholders in Shanghai as well as at Roche Europe.
- Strong leadership and scientific excellence; representing the department both internally and externally, engaging in collaborations with academic institutions
- Solid knowledge in ADME & Early Safety developed in a US/European Pharma/research organization with >3 years working experience.
- Extensive hands on experience with human cell culture, ideally including primary cells, drive and passion for developing innovative new assays / technologies to address key scientific gaps
- Good understanding of immunology, cell biology and molecular biology is preferable.
- Independent research skills such as designing, executing and interpreting experiments, as demonstrated by previous publications.
- Willingness and interest to drive a young team forward, looking beyond conventional screens, bringing innovation from academic/CRO world into application in drug development
- Ph.D. degree in pharmacology, cell biology or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills (English and Chinese)
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.